Friday, June 03, 2005

How is today different from a school day?

Presentation Night was a success! We got through Jabberwocky just fine. Rose even threw in some great faces and gestures to enhance the recitation. Rose graduated from Kindergarten complete with cap and gown and a little speech from the Mistress of Ceremonies. The kids were all promoted to the next grade by their fathers and someone brought Chocolate Covered Blueberries (I do know the rules of capitalization, thank you very much, but these morsels Deserve capitalization).

So now school is out until August. Though no one seemed very excited about that when I mentioned it yesterday, this morning I woke up to Children Getting Ready. Evidently we have a full day planned. We are rescuing tadpoles from a neighbor's puddle, making cookies, snake hunting, making paper dolls, building a ramp (I can't remember why), walking in the woods to check on this really neat plant that has variegated foliage (and remembering our nature guide this time), reading some books and building a fort.

I wonder if we will be able to fit it all in? Tomorrow's list looks pretty long too . . .

1 comment:

Jen said...

"Heh heh heh," the chuckle of the knowing homeschool mom... Sounds like all is well at your house!