It took us awhile to come up with names for our calves. I mentioned our new nameless calves to the postmistress in town (yes, we have a post office all our own out here; though I think I am the only person who uses it). She gave me a great piece of advice, "Whatever you do, don't let the children name the calves."
Evidently, she had once made this mistake herself. "Our kids were so excited we were getting a moo-cow. As soon as our diary cow arrived, they named it Moo. At first we thought it was a cute name, but that cow got out every chance it could. I spent a lot of time wandering through town calling, 'Moo! Moo!'"
We named ours Rudy, Louie and Waldo (so that St. George can ask us repeatedly, "Where's Waldo?").
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment