Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Get Well Wishes

"Did you see the cards your children gave me when I came home from the hospital?" Something about the way my sweet neighbor asked me this question made me very uneasy. I hadn't seen the cards. They were so excited that she was home after the cardiac procedure she had done, they decided to make her some "Welcome Home" cards. Was there something wrong?

"I will treasure those cards always, Rose's especially is a gem. The way them little dead people had their tongues hangin' out, well it was unique, that's sure." Rose's card was a treatise on mummification. Perhaps not an excellent choice for someone with a heart condition. Luckily, my neighbor has a great sense of humor, she hates being treated gently and is known for her quick wit.
On the other hand, perhaps Rose's card was an excellent choice after all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We have GOT to get our kids together!